Q. How can I manage jitteriness, blurred vision, and high blood sugar levels?

Dr. Arpit Varshney

I am having symptoms like jitteriness and blurry vision. My blood sugar is 155 without eating. I have been trying to control it with diet alone. Currently, I am taking Prilosec, Losartan, Coreg, and Buspar. My concern is my sugar being high without eating. I ate about 20 minutes ago and have not rechecked it. Kindly help.

#

I can understand your concern. I want to tell you that not only do low blood sugar levels cause jitteriness, but also increased blood sugar levels and fluctuations in blood pressure levels can also cause the same. I suggest getting an HbA1c level and consulting your physician regarding diabetes medications. I understand your idea of controlling diabetes with diet, but a few medications will only help you, not harm you. I suggest monitoring your blood pressure levels and charting them on paper. This chart allows your physician to determine the fluctuations in your blood pressure and adjust medications accordingly.

I hope you get well soon.

Kindly revert in case of further queries.

|