Q. My blood group is B-positive and fiance has A-negative. Can I marry her?

Dr. Y. Siva Roja
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 03, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am going to marry A-negative girl. And my blood group is B-positive. So, is there any complication or we can go ahead?

#

I have reviewed your query. To put it simply, persons of any blood groups can marry and have healthy children. But when the female is of negative blood group and male is of positive blood group (as in your case), the baby has a chance of having a positive blood group. This baby blood may pass through the mother’s blood through placenta, leading to formation of antibodies in mother’s blood and posing risk to further babies. But this is not much a problem, because this can be avoided by taking a RhIG injection during pregnancy and immediately after delivery. To conclude, you can marry a negative blood group girl, but you need to mention her Rh-negative blood group to your doctor immediately after the conception of pregnancy so that she can get her RhIG injection during and immediately after delivery.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|