Q. My fiancee is B positive and I am O negative. Should I expect any pregnancy complication in future?

Dr. Nadia Khan

My fiancee is B positive and myself O negative. In the future, will there be any complications in my pregnancy?

Dr. Nadia Khan

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

There would be no complications during the first pregnancy but may occur in the subsequent ones due to isoimmunization phenomenon. It is a problem which arises if the mother is having negative blood group and baby is having positive blood group. But treatments are available, so you have nothing to worry about it. I hope it has helped you. If you require any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

|