Q. My fiancee is B positive and I am O negative. Should I expect any pregnancy complication in future?

Dr. Nadia Khan
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on May 24, 2019

My fiancee is B positive and myself O negative. In the future, will there be any complications in my pregnancy?

Dr. Nadia Khan

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

There would be no complications during the first pregnancy but may occur in the subsequent ones due to isoimmunization phenomenon. It is a problem which arises if the mother is having negative blood group and baby is having positive blood group. But treatments are available, so you have nothing to worry about it. I hope it has helped you. If you require any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Ectopic Pregnancy

Article Overview: In an ectopic pregnancy, the fertilized egg gets attached anywhere outside the uterus. Ectopic pregnancies are very common and occur in about 1 in every 50 pregnancies. It is a medical emergency and if left untreated, can also be fatal. Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan

What is an Ectopic Pregnancy? Fertilization of the ovum by sperm takes place in the fallopian tubes. After fertilization, the fertilized egg travels through the fallopian tube to the uterus. Normally, this embryo gets attached to the wall of the uterus and develops. In an ectopic pregnancy, the fer...  Read Article

Will irregular period affect my fertility?

Query: Hi doctor,I am having irregular periods since six months. My age is 25. My period lasts for only one or two days with brown blood discharge. My weight is 100 kg and height is 5'6".  Read Full »

Will our blood group combination create a problem at the time of conceiving?

Query: Hello doctor,I am going to marry next month. Actually, problem is, I have A +ve blood group and she has B -ve blood group. So, I want to know, will this blood group combination create a problem at a time of conceiving to the mother and the fetus in the future?  Read Full »