Q. I had blood in my stool followed by a slight fever and fatigue for one day. Why?

Dr. Kiran Anaparthi
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 20, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 21, 2019

I had blood in my stool. I have not seen in the stools but in the toilet bowl. It is bright red in color, seen only for one day and I had a slight fever and fatigue for one day. Four months before the same symptom happened.

Dr. Kiran Anaparthi

Family Physician HIV/AIDS Specialist
#

Your condition is moreover a sign of hemorrhoids. Recent hard stools may because of frank blood in the bowl. Fever is due to sudden deranged bowel. It usually recovers quickly.

Hemorrhoids, fissure.

Per rectal examination or Proctoscopy.

Hemorrhoids.

Surgery for removal of hemorrhoids.

Decrease weight, trunkal obesity and fibre rich food.

Follow up for any pain or bleed.

| 

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Why am I passing blood while using the toilet?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old. I pass blood whenever I use the toilet. There is a burning sensation and also, a swelling.  Read Full »

I got internal hemorrhoids and now bleeding on passing stools. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I am in a situation that I cannot go to any hospital for the next three weeks. That is why I am seeking help from online. I am a 27 year old female and I got internal hemorrhoids and a small grape-like clump on my bum which I got long, long ago. A month ago I got constipation and this led ...  Read Full »

Is there any ayurvedic treatment for blood in stools?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old male, who weighs 85 kg, and I am 5.11 feet tall. I had a problem with blood in stool a year ago, which got cured after I took medicines. But nowdays, I have been seeing blood in my stool again. I do not have any problem like itching, pain, etc. I feel it very diffic...  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now