Q. I have a sharp, burning pain while passing stools, and I see bright red blood. Why?

Dr. Ankush Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 22, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jan 06, 2021

I am a 17-year-old male and I have a weight of 117 kilograms. I hate discussing things like this but I always have large stools. I think that I may have IBS. My mother had IBS and the symptoms are similar for us. Recently, after having a large stool I noticed some bright red blood on the surface of the stool and on the toilet paper. Now, this is seen frequently. I have sharp burning pain when I pass stools. Outside of that, I feel fine but I am worried when I look at the symptoms online as cancer. I do not know whether it is important or not. I had leukemia when I was ten years old and I got cured. Please help me to clear my doubts.

#

You have hemorrhoids and it happens due to chronic constipation. Avoid taking oily, fried, and outside foods. Drink more water. Try to eat a high fiber diet with green leafy vegetables and fruits. Try to do exercise daily for thirty minutes. Try to reduce your weight by following a strict diet and exercise. Avoid straining when passing stools. You can take Isabgol husk sachet before sleeping for ten days. You can use Anusol HC (Hydrocortisone) ointment over the anal area for ten days. You can take capsule Florajen probiotics (Lactobacillus acidophilus) once daily for ten days.

|