Q. What causes blood in stool?

Answered by Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M
Do you have a question on Blood In Stools or Constipation? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

From the last few days and sometimes, not regular, I noticed blood in middle of stool. Reasons I do not know. I am a vegetarian, do not drink coffee or any tea. Since a long time, I am suffering from joints problem. One doctor says it is gout but always my uric acid level is low. But average I feel my joint problem is also normal. This blood is due to summer heat or not? Please guide me.