Q. What causes blood in stool?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai
Published on May 27, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 11, 2019

From the last few days and sometimes, not regular, I noticed blood in middle of stool. Reasons I do not know. I am a vegetarian, do not drink coffee or any tea. Since a long time, I am suffering from joints problem. One doctor says it is gout but always my uric acid level is low. But average I feel my joint problem is also normal. This blood is due to summer heat or not? Please guide me.

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

#

I have read your complaints carefully and got your issues. You have two major complaints, bleeding per rectum and joints pain. I would like to explain it. In case of bleeding per rectum when it comes before defecation indicates hemorrhoids, however, after defecation indicates fissure in ano. Mostly, it happens in those persons who have chronic constipated bowel.

In hemorrhoids, there is bleeding without pain however in fissure in ano with pain and burning. And regarding your second issue there are several causes to joints pain. Raised uric acid is one of them. Other causes may be due to rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis or others. So you should go for proper investigations to evaluate its right diagnosis.

Acidity, indigestion, constipation, rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis.

Per rectum examination to rule out fissure in ano or hemorrhoids.
Uric acid, RA factor, X-ray of affected joints.

Fissure in ano, hemorrhoids, gout, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis.

To provide proper medications, need your complete disease history with latest investigation reports.

Avoid spicy and fried junk foods. Drink plenty of lukewarm water in morning before defecation. Quit smoking and drinking, if you have these habits. Eat seasonal leafy vegetables and seasonal fruits. Do regular kapalbhati and pranayana like anuloma vilom nadi sodhan and bhramari.

| 

Can constipation be related to high sugar levels?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 53-year-old female. I had gestational diabetes and 11 years later my sugar levels were high so started taking Glycomet. However, the fasting sugar level in the morning is always high and PP is less than fasting. Recent HbA1c is 6.9. Do I have to continue medicine? I walk daily ...  Read Full »

Is there any ayurvedic treatment for blood in stools?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old male, who weighs 85 kg, and I am 5.11 feet tall. I had a problem with blood in stool a year ago, which got cured after I took medicines. But nowdays, I have been seeing blood in my stool again. I do not have any problem like itching, pain, etc. I feel it very diffic...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest medicines for piles and blood in stools.

Query: Hello doctor, I am having blood in stools and I have piles. I also have pain in passing the stools. Can you suggest some medicine?  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now