Q. Yesterday I had some blood in my stool, and I have gas problems. Please help.

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana
This is a premium question & answer published on May 11, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 23, 2020
Hello doctor, I am 24 yrs old female...my height is 156cm and I weigh 91kg... I had two abortions...and still no baby...yesterday night I had some blood on my stool...and earlier for few months I had gas problems... usually, gas comes for many times in a day...also, I feel like gas is stored in my abdominal area and feels like to visit toilet often... Feeling heavy in my lower abdominal area, for me It feels like gas... yesterday one time I got some blood on my stool and today I didn't get any blood... but my abdomen feels heavy...and it creates discomfort...what is my problem and what I need to do to get relief from this doctor? Will you please suggest me some opinion? Please doctor...  

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Medical Gastroenterology
#

Hello. I welcome you to icliniq.

Actually the chronic problem of gas you mention is common in some one with overweight to obese-as in your case may be. Since your weight appears to be way beyond normal and this has definitely health consequences if not controlled.

The blood in stool you mention, is somewhat alarming, and requires a thorough in person examination of the bottom, and looking for the causes such as anal fissure, hemorrhoids, to some serious disorders like inflammatory bowel disease.

To summarize I want you to go and meet a gastroenterologist in your local area and get yourself examined to determine the cause. For your and foresee physician's ease just discuss above mentioned causes with him or her.

So to finalize, the gas problem is benign (non alarming), but the blood you mention is alarming and need to be investigated. I hope this will help

Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth

Follow up after getting examined by physician in person

| 

My constipation problem got worsened after undergoing cervical spine surgery. What can I do?

Query: Hi doctor, I suffer from severe constipation for the past three years. I have undergone cervical spine surgery before two years back. Post surgery constipation problem still got worsened. Presently, I am taking Baclofen 5 mg three times a day for the spasticity in legs. Please help.  Read Full »

Can I take digestive enzyme for frequent bloating?

Query: Hello doctor,When I wake up by 8 AM I immediately go to clear the bowel. After that, I feel somewhat relaxed but after few minutes I start feeling bloated and then I take a cup of tea and after 15 minutes again I rush to the bathroom. Then I feel completely relaxed but after breakfast, after few hou...  Read Full »

How to reduce weight in case of overweight with umbilical hernia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 33 years old with a weight of 63 kg, and my height is 153 cm. I am feeling overweight. My stomach is big, and I am having an umbilical hernia. How to reduce my weight.  Read Full »