Q. My girlfriend bleed while urinating. Is she pregnant because we had sex a few days back?

Dr. Raveendran S. R

My girlfriend and I had sex a few days ago, and now she told me that her vagina bled when she urinated. She saw blood on her tissue paper. I wonder if something serious is going on, or I doubt if she is pregnant. I just want to make sure everything is alright with her or if she needs any medication. She has heart palpitations.

Please advise me, doctor.

#

I can understand your concern.

There are multiple reasons to have vaginal bleeding.

• Infection in the vagina can cause bleeding or lead to dryness and cause bleeding during or post-sex. Therefore, I suggest you take (consult with a specialist doctor, talk with him or her and take the medicine with their consent) tablet Doxy (Doxycycline) 100 mg twice a day after food for five days to prevent infection and tab Pause-500 (Tranexamic Acid) for controlling bleeding.

• Hymen break can cause bleeding for a few days if it is first-time sex. After that, the bleeding will be there for a maximum of three days. In a few females, bleeding can be seen during the second time. If bleeding prolongs after three days, they need to see a doctor in person for a vaginal examination.

• Allergic to semen.

• Dryness due to an infection, improper foreplay, dehydration, age factor, and hormonal imbalances. Drink adequate water, and use coconut oil during sex.

• Forceful sex.

• Normal menstrual bleeding as you may have early periods.

• Foreign bodies due to unhygienic sex methods.

• Bleeding disorders.

• Eczema.

• Deep penetration in a few positions during sex.

There is no chance of pregnancy if bleeding is seen only for a few days after sex.

|