Q. My routine urine examination shows blood in urine. Please review it.

Dr. Divakara P

My routine urine examination shows:

Trans-hazy.

Reaction - 6.0pH.

blood - ++.

RBC - 15-20 hpf.

Pus cell - 2-5 hpf.

Epithelial cells - 4-6 hpf.

Please review my report.

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetology Endocrinology General Medicine Internal Medicine Pain Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

First of all what problems you were having when you got your urine test? There is blood in your urine. Causes are many like bleeding disorder, kidney stones, inflammation in the kidney (nephritis). So I need to know what problems you are experiencing to make a diagnosis. Also, please mention whether you were menstruating at the time of giving the urine sample?

| 

I am 51 years old and weighs about 75 kg. This is a yearly health check-up report, where I found some data underlined and highlighted, report attached herewith. I asked for, is there no problem in the report? If yes, then suggest the further diagnosis. I have gastric problem and taking Aciloc 300 daily. Now, I am suffering from cold, cough and fever.

Dr. Divakara P

#

I went through your reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

I noticed that your TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) level is high suggestive of hypothyroidism. I advise you to start taking Eltroxin (Thyroxine sodium) 25 mcg daily morning in an empty stomach.

Coming to your urine report, if you were suffering from cold, cough and fever at the time of giving urine sample it may be due to post-infectious nephritis which is harmless. If that is the case, just repeat the urine test after one month and you will find it to be normal. But if you were not suffering from cold, cough and fever at the time of giving the urine sample, then you may have to get an ultrasound abdomen, pelvis to look for kidney stones.

| 

My nose bleeds often. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, My nose is bleeding often. It happened six to eight times in the past 10 months. The blood is red in color. I do not feel any pain, and the bleeding is not too much. Most of the times I do not realize that my nose is bleeding.  Read Full »

Is there any treatment for IUGR baby?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 27 weeks pregnant now and by scan two weeks back and the doctor says the baby is IUGR due to placental insufficiency. She said to terminate the pregnancy but I feel baby movement and heart rate. Also, I am pre-eclamptic and diabetic but sugar is controlled. Tell me what can I do....  Read Full »

What is storage pool defect?

Query: Hi doctor, My son has storage pool defect. Now, his doctor suspects Crohn's disease on him. All cut tests will result in horrible bleeding time. Should hematology be involved? Should the doctors use coagulant as a precaution? Your further advice would be helpful. Thank you.  Read Full »