Q. My urine sample showed blood. My doctor thinks that I have bruised kidney. Can I exercise?

Published on Jun 12, 2015 and last reviewed on: Jan 08, 2019

I got injured in a car crash. I have abdominal pain. My urine sample showed blood. My doctor thinks that I have bruised kidney. Can I do pool walking and light exercise?

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

We are here to help you. Regarding your query, I need a few more details to help you.

1. Are you passing adequate urine?
  2. How many days have passed since the accident?
  3. Are there any clots in your urine?
  4. Do you have diabetes or hypertension?
  5. Attach your ultrasound report if you have any.

I am passing adequate urine. There are no clots in the urine. I do not have diabetes or hypertension. The accident happened six days ago.The doctor has not ordered a CT scan or ultrasound yet. I have a follow-up appointment in nine days. She will do another urine test to see if there is still blood in the urine. If so, she will order a CT at that time. Do you feel I should have a CT or ultrasound done immediately?

#

Yes, you should at least get an ultrasound abdomen done to rule out the severity of the injury. We do not advise any exertional activity until and unless we are sure that there is no hematoma of the kidney. Also, it is important to rule out any evidence of urethra injury.

You may carry on with the normal life activities, but do not go for any activity that causes exertion. I would recommend an ultrasound abdomen on an emergency basis for you.

My Bilirubin total - 2.2, Bilirubin Direct - 1.5, SGPT - 4548, SGOT - 4153

Query: Dear doctor, Here is my lab report: Bilirubin total: 2.2 Bilirubin Direct: 1.5 SGPT: 4548 SGOT: 4153 I have taken drip and injection for nausea. Now nausea has been cured. I have only abdomen pain now, and my fever has been cured before three days. Color of urine is yellow and color of stools is...  Read Full »

Ask a Nephrologist Now