Q. Why did I see a blood clot in urine with pain in the back and abdomen after eating jackfruit?

Dr. C. Elanchezhian

I noticed a small blood clot in my urine one week ago. I also feel a little cold sometimes, but my temperature is 36 degrees. Before this, I ate jackfruit, moderate in amount. And I had pain in my abdomen and back after 30 minutes of eating jackfruit. I went to the restroom and tried to defecate all night but passed urine with a small blood clot.

I have a history of benign prostatic hypertrophy, gall bladder stone removal, and kidney stones detected through an abdomen ultrasound.

Would you please help me?

#

As per your complaints, you must be having calculi in the right ureter or a bladder calculi. Kindly drink more water and take tablet Urispas (Flavoxate) twice daily and tablet Cystone (Pasanabheda and Shilapushpa) thrice daily for five days.

Thank you so much for the response.

There is a high chance that I would not be able to purchase the medicines.

But I have some medications here with me which I took previously; they are tablet Sodium bicarbonate 325 mg for my kidney stones and Balsamifera (Sambong leaf), a diuretic. Can I take this instead? If yes, what is the frequency?

Thanks.

#

Yes, you can take that medication instead of Urispas and Cystone. Capsule Sambong is good as it has got both anti-urolithiasis and diuretic effects.

Take capsule Sambong 250 mg four tablets thrice daily for five to six weeks. It is better to avoid Sodium bicarbonate as it will help to form calcium oxalate stones.

Renal calculi.

|