Q. Why should blood pressure be taken while rested?

Answered by Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Blood Pressure Monitor or Blood Pressure? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Why is it that you are supposed to take blood pressure when seated and rested for two to five minutes with your back supported? Is not it important to know what your blood pressure is when you are walking around and going about your day especially if that is what makes blood pressure rise? I never understood and I am really curious.