Q. How can I maintain a normal blood pressure and sugar level?

Dr. Suneetha B S
Published on Oct 05, 2018

My fasting blood sugar is 159.8 mg/dL. My postprandial blood sugar is 280.7 mg/dL. My BP is 160 by 90 mmHg.

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetology Microbiology Nutritionist
#

From your laboratory report, I can see your blood glucose levels at a higher level than its normal range. HbA1C level (glycosylated hemoglobin) in blood will give us a better idea about your blood sugar control. You may need to start a treatment to reduce the blood sugar levels. Also, your blood pressure is also slightly high.

Treatment for reducing your blood pressure and blood sugar will require a detailed study of your past medical history, your family history, your drug history and also a detailed clinical examination. It is difficult to achieve all this soon. I suggest you meet a doctor for proper clinical evaluation and subsequent treatment of your condition.

Try to avoid taking processed sugar and sweets, and salty food. Take increased intake of water and raw vegetables, and try to do exercise for at least 30 minutes daily.

| 

My blood pressure is always high. Please suggest a medicine.

Query: Hi doctor,My blood pressure is always high between 170/110 mmHg and 190/115 mmHg. My complete blood count report showed hemoglobin 18, platelet 150, MCH 26 and others normal. Please suggest medicine.  Read Full »

My blood pressure is up to 197/100. My doctor keeps giving me Bystolic. Is that safe?

Query: Hello Doctor, My blood pressure is up to 197/100 mmHg. My doctor keeps giving me tablet Bystolic and asked to take it for 10 days. Is that safe? I am a 53 year old male, usually great health.  Read Full »

My blood pressure is erratic. Can you help ?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old. Recently, I started having high blood pressure. It goes up and down a lot. At some times, it is 170/90, and at others, it is 130/80. Recently I have done a blood test, where my Hb was 10.52, cholesterol was 152, triglyceride was 165, HDL 28 and LDL was 91. The other...  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now