Q. How to have a stability in blood pressure?

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq
Published on Nov 02, 2018

My mother has BP in an unstable condition. She was taking Paroxee Cr, Etizola, and Covance 50. After taking these tablets, she had frequent urination, and her BP was fine. When she consulted the doctor for the problem of frequent urination, the doctor changed Covance 50 to Ctd 6.25 mg for blood pressure. After that, urination got controlled, but BP became unstable. She has a feeling of nausea. Her creatinine level is fine, and she does not have diabetes. She has a TSH of 8.9 mIU/L. Her hemoglobin is below 7 g/dL. Please suggest.

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiology General Practitioner
#

She suffers from anxiety and depression, and so she is taking antidepressants. TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) level is raised which suggests that she has an under-working thyroid gland. Though she is taking Ctd tablet (Chlorthalidone), her blood pressure is not under control. Hence we need to try some other antihypertensive for her.

Do CBC (complete blood count), thyroid profile, fasting lipid profile, renal function test, electrolytes, and ECG (electrocardiography). After doing these tests, you can consult a general physician for examination. Her HB (hemoglobin) is 7 g/dL which means that she is severely anemic. She can take Amlodipine or Valsartan 5 by 80 mg daily in the morning for controlling BP. She can take Ferrous sulfate 200 mg three times a day for anemia. Follow the same medications for depression.

How to lower blood pressure? I am a chronic high BP patient and taking Amlodipine and Atenolol

Query: Dear Doctor, I am a chronic High BP patient since 1998. Taking medications Amlodipine 5mg and Atenolol 50mg (AMLO Press-AT). Now the BP reading shows as 160/120. How to lower the blood pressure?  Read Full »

From the attached reports, please tell me the reason for frequent urination.

Query: Hello doctor, From the past few days, I have frequent urination. I am attaching all the test reports that I have done so far. I also got an x-ray and CT scan of the chest, but as I am out, I cannot upload them now. I will upload them later if you need it.  Read Full »

High Blood Pressure: Things You Need To Know!!

Article Overview: High blood pressure is a very common condition with serious consequences if left untreated. This article is aimed at providing basic knowledge about the causes, treatment, complications and prognosis of hypertension. Read Article

High Blood Pressure or Hypertension is a very common and serious condition which if untreated may lead to permanent and often fatal damage to various organs of the body including the heart, kidneys, brain and eyes. Hypertension means the pressure of the blood inside the blood vessels is higher than ...  Read Article