Q. Got tested for blood glucose fasting value, that came as 92 mg/dL. Is it on the higher side?

Dr. Sukhvinder Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 18, 2014 and last reviewed on: Nov 02, 2019

My 10 year old son got tested for fasting blood glucose values and it came as 92 mg/dL (fasting). Is it on the higher side. Why it is so and what can be done?

#

• The Fasting Blood Sugar (FBS) level of your son is within normal range.
  • A blood glucose level of 100 mg/dL or less is considered normal for fasting state.
  • If he has any symptoms suggestive of diabetes you may go for further testing with the advice of your paediatrician.

Hope this helps.

Revert back to a diabetologist online for further follow up --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

|