Q. Got tested for blood glucose fasting value, that came as 92 mg/dL. Is it on the higher side?

Dr. Sukhvinder Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 18, 2014 and last reviewed on: Nov 02, 2019

My 10 year old son got tested for fasting blood glucose values and it came as 92 mg/dL (fasting). Is it on the higher side. Why it is so and what can be done?

#

• The Fasting Blood Sugar (FBS) level of your son is within normal range.
  • A blood glucose level of 100 mg/dL or less is considered normal for fasting state.
  • If he has any symptoms suggestive of diabetes you may go for further testing with the advice of your paediatrician.

Hope this helps.

Revert back to a diabetologist online for further follow up --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

| 

Diabetes - Simple Ways to Control Blood Sugar Level

Article Overview: Diabetes is spreading very fast. This article will provide an overview about how people can control their blood sugar level after adopting a healthy lifestyle. Read Article

Dr. Alka
Diabetologist

Diabetes is affecting millions of lives these days. It is a metabolic disorder in which the blood sugar of the body is in a higher range than normal. These days it is spreading very fast due to unhealthy lifestyle of people and poor eating habits. The initial symptoms of diabetes include excessive t...  Read Article

Why am I urinating more than 10 times a day?

Query: Hi doctor, I have to pee a lot of times a day though I do not have to wake up at night to go to the toilet. I have control over pressure, but I have to go more than 10 times a day. Also, I have to pass the stool after every meal. Why?  Read Full »

How to have a normal blood pressure and sugar level?

Query: Hi doctor, My fasting blood sugar is 159.8 mg/dL. My postprandial blood sugar is 280.7 mg/dL. My BP is 160 by 90 mmHg.  Read Full »

Ask a Diabetologist Now