Q. What are the lifestyle changes followed to maintain blood sugar?

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar

I got diabetes

# Hello, Thanks for the query.
I have seen the details including the report sent. Your HbA1c% 7.3% which is a bit high. Ideally it should be < 6.5% . Fasting glucose should be < 100 mg & PP 150 o 170 mg. Another important aspect is that your BMI (Body Mass Index) is 31.41 kgs/ Sq meter(Normal < 23 kgs/Sq meter) Your ideal body weight should be about 77 kgs, which means you have an excess of over 27kgs.
There is no mention of your present treatment, so difficult give any suggestions.
Another important aspect is that your two liver enzymes are quite high suggesting presence of fatty liver.
Considering these aspects it is necessary for you to adapt a modified lifestyle, which means : do regular exercise, take a diet that is having just adequate calories based on your ideal body weight not on present one, (as there is a need to reduce weight),
Since there is no mention of dietary pattern, extent of daily exercise, I am unable to give any suggestions. So please come back with all the relevant details, then I will be able to give specific treatment and all the instructions needed to be followed. I await your response. Thanks

| 

Lifestyle Modifications for Women's Health

Article Overview: Learn about simple lifestyle changes and healthy habits that can help a woman stay disease-free and enjoy life to the fullest. Read Article

Dr. Shakti Mishra
Fitness Expert

Women of today find it very difficult to juggle between their personal and professional life, especially if they are mothers. But, having two incomes at home has become a necessity rather than a luxury. Yes, it does feel very good to call oneself a working woman, but the working hours are taking a t...  Read Article

Can I take medicine for a few days to normalize the sugar level with exercise?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a fasting blood sugar of 133 mg/dL and postprandial blood sugar of 175 mg/dL. Can I take medicine for a few days to normalize the sugar level with exercise? When I take food in small amounts, my sugar level does not increase and if I take sugar candy or a high carb food, then my s...  Read Full »

Diabetes Mellitus and Oral Health

Article Overview: This article emphasizes the impact of diabetes mellitus on oral health problems and its management. Read Article

Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic disorder which affects the uptake and use of glucose by the human body. As a result, the glucose level in the blood rises beyond normal which has an overall impact on the general health and oral cavity. Types Of Diabetes Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus: It oc...  Read Article

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask a Diabetologist Now