Q. My blood reports suggest increased GGT and ALP. Please advice.

Dr. Klerida Shehu
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I went to do a blood test as part of imitating a weight loss program, but I have some elevated GGT, alkaline phosphate, etc., so need some clarification about it.

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Medical Gastroenterology

You are reporting to have high GGT (gamma-glutamyl transferase) and alkaline phosphatase level.

These findings are more related to,

1. Alcohol use.

2. Gallbladder issues like sludge ore inflammation.

3. Drugs side effects (rarely).

This is why I suggest doing an abdominal ultrasound to rule out gallbladder issues. If you have used alcohol recently, please stop it and repeat GGT and ALP (alkaline phosphatase) level after four weeks.

Please suggest some measures to get pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, From last two years we are trying to conceive and recently my wife had SM test. The result of the prolactin blood test is 9.89 ng/mL and TSH is 2.84. The FSH result is 6.83 mlU/mL. Also the luteinizing hormone range is 3.83 mlU/ml and right ovary adnexal is 38 mm x 24 mm. Please explain ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Her blood tests are normal, but her scan result is confusing. So, please send the complete scan report. Have you done your semen analysis? If not, then get it done by a reputed laboratory and send me the report. There should be three to four days abstinence before givin...  Read Full

I have fatty hump on back, with red cheeks, and purple stretch marks. Do I need to be tested for Cushing's?

Query: Hello doctor,Do I need to be tested for Cushing's? I was diagnosed seven years ago as being insulin resistant, and since them, symptoms keep appearing. I have the fatty hump on my upper back, but when asking my doctor, she blamed weight. I ended up looking more in-depth and found a picture from my s...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering the symptoms which you have described, the test should be done. You should undergo two of the following criteria since you have a high index of suspicion, 1. The overnight 1 mg Dexamethasone suppression test (DST) which involves taking one mg Dexamethasone ...  Read Full

Please advise on the exceeded values of the blood report.

Query: Hello doctor, I have attached the PFA and the blood test report of my wife who is 29 years of age. Can you please advice on the reasons and corrective measures to get the exceeded test values in control? Do I need to perform any follow-up tests? She has got the blood test profile checked just as a ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and I understand that she did not have any symptoms, but you got the tests done just for the regular checkup. Out of these, there are some red flags which need to be further ...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now