Q. Please do check my blood reports and let me know if I have any abnormalities.

Answered by
Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
Published on Sep 14, 2015 and last reviewed on: Jan 29, 2019

Hello doctor,

I have weight loss, cholesterol problem, and low vitamin D level. Please do check my attached blood reports and let me know if I have any other problem.

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrics Hematology Pathology


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Based on your query, my opinion is as follows:

  1. Body Mass Index (BMI) above 18 is acceptable. Protein-rich nutrition with weight training will be beneficial for gaining weight. Avoid fatty or carbohydrate-rich diet for weight gain.
  2. Cholesterol levels show mild abnormality. You need to control your cholesterol level.
  3. If you are taking alcohol, most of the results of cholesterol, bilirubin and increased enzyme levels can be explained. However, if not, then we need to look for possible medications or diet change. It is advisable to avoid any hepatotoxic agents.
  4. Vitamin D is definitely low. You will need to take supplements. This is needed to improve bone density. Moderate sun exposure with supplements is necessary.
  5. Overall healthy report, except for liver-related tests, which are marginally varying and will require re-evaluation after 6 months.

The Probable causes:

Alcohol might be a cause for the liver related changes.

Investigations to be done:

Nothing major to worry for now. You will have to repeat the tests especially lipid profile and liver functions tests after 6 months to look for any changes.

Preventive measures:

Avoiding alcohol should help.

Also Read Answers From:

Related Questions & Answers

Is cholesterol level of 299 too high?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently, I have checked my lipid profile and sugar. The results are total cholesterol 229, HDL 53, LDL 150, BP 130/90 mmHg and sugar 104. Are these results fine? Let me know whether I have any heart disease. For cholesterol I am taking Triglize. Kindly give few suggestions to lowe...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sumit Srivastava
Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your total cholesterol target should be 150. Low-density lipoprotein (LDL) should be below 100 and high-density lipoprotein (HDL) in range of 50 to 60. Your blood sugar is normal. Right now you do not seem to have heart condition and your slightly raised blood pressure is...  Read Full

Can liposuction be done for weight loss?

Query: Hi doctor, I am planning to go for liposuction to lose weight. My weight is 78 kg and height is 5'3". Kindly suggest.  Read Full >>

Dr. Amar Vennapusa
Bariatric Surgery, Metabolic Surgery

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your calculated body mass index (BMI) is 30.4 kg/m2. Generally we perform bariatric surgery to achieve permanent weight loss for any patient whose BMI is 30 kg/m2 or above. Liposuction is not a treatment option for weight loss. It is a cosmetic procedure for body shapin...  Read Full

Why am I experiencing rapid weight loss?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a concern regarding my weight. I have lost about 2 to 2.5 kg in a month's time. I have not exercised recently. I weighed 74.4 kg last month, and now I weigh 72.8 kg. Moreover, my waist circumference has also decreased. I am worried about this sudden weight loss. Could this indic...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sadaf Mustafa
Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your BMI (body mass index) is 25.36 which is close to the normal range. However, I do understand your concern. Can you provide more details about your lifestyle as well as medical and personal history? Do you smoke cigarettes? Do you have a family history of d...  Read Full



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Hematologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.