Q. What does my blood test report indicate?

and medically reviewed by Dr. Dr. Divya Banu M
Published on Sep 04, 2019

I have got my detailed blood test report and I need consultation for the same.

#

Kindly attach the reports.

I have attached my reports. Please have a look.

#

All of your blood work is excellent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The Uric acid is high but we do not interpret elevation of uric acid without symptoms of Gout.

The MCV and MCH elevations could be due to B12 or folic acid deficiency or alcohol consumption, as your Hb is excellent no need to worry about the deficiencies, perhaps you can cut down on alcohol if you are consuming any. You can get B12 and folic acid levels done.

Should I get a bone marrow biopsy to rule out possible MPN?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 49-year-old female who has chronic health problems going back for awhile. Originally, I was told I had lupus but now I am beginning to think it is something else. Nine months back, I consulted an orthopedic surgeon due to suspected necrosis in left hip, after an arthrogram was don...  Read Full »

Can arthritis be the reason for ankle and wrist pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I get pain in my joints like ankle and wrist occasionally. It goes off when I take Mobizox but comes after a few days again. Also, it goes off when I do massage or when I use compression glove. My uric acid is 10 mg/dL, and it is in a higher range. Does this pain occur due to increased u...  Read Full »

After abortion, my wife is bleeding from anus. How to manage?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife was admitted to hospital due to incomplete abortion and dengue fever NS1 reactive. She had 6 weeks pregnancy. Doctor has done surgical abortion and it was found dengue fever after blood test. She was admitted for three days. Her initial platelet count was 150000 and later 180000, ...  Read Full »