Q. Why did I get blood in mucus while spitting?

Dr. Rabbanie Tariq Wani
Published on Nov 08, 2018

Today I was in a fully airconditioned room with low temperature and when I returned to my room and when I spit the mucus, a pinch of blood came from my mouth. What would be the reason? One year and five months back, the same happened. Please help me. I stopped smoking one month back. I am 26 years old, and male.

#

The bleeding you had from your nose can be because of sneezing (forceful). There might be a small injury inside the nose that might have lead to the bleeding. I will advise you to avoid nose picking and keep your nostrils moist so as to allow the wound to heal. Regarding your acid reflux, I would like to know about your lifestyle and dietary patterns. What do you eat and your occupation, your sleeping time?

Liquid Paraffin two drops per nostril for seven days.

Avoid forceful sneezing.

Does "tree in bud nodules" in CT scan mean cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, My CT scan says defined streaky opacity with associated loss volume and clustered tree in bud nodules have developed in the anterior segment of the upper left lobe. The associated central bronchi are impacted. Without an obvious mass, although a small central lesion is not excluded. The ...  Read Full »

I have severe sneezing and running nose. Please help me out of this.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male, suffering from allergy for past 6 years. I am facing this problem more in winter. Early morning, I will get 10 sneezes continuously. If I take cold foods, I will have running nose throughout the day and severe sneezing. Also I have itching and watering of eyes. C...  Read Full »

What kind of muscle pain is associated with ARS?

Query: Hi, I am a 31 year old male. About 38 days before I had sex with a CSW (Commercial Social Worker). It was protected vaginal sex and protected oral sex. Also there were deep throat kisses which lasted almost a minute. I am not sure if the condom was torn during the intercourse.  Since last 3 weeks ...  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now