Q. Can you help me in getting better with my symptoms of sinusitis?

Dr. Arpit Varshney

I have been experiencing pressure in my sinuses and earache for two weeks. I visited the doctor and was diagnosed with sinusitis. I was advised to revisit after ten days; if it does not get better. I still have constant pain in my head when I shake it, and the pain radiates to my left ear and some of my upper teeth. I have been experiencing nausea sensation and blurred vision since yesterday. I do not have a runny nose or a cough and have not tested positive for COVID-19.

#

I understand your concern. According to all the symptoms that you were having, the diagnosis was sinusitis. But now, since you are experiencing blurred vision, there could be a possibility of neurological disease. But since we are not having precise details of your symptoms, nothing is commendable at this stage. I would advise you to get a 2D MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scan of the brain to rule out the cause of the disease. If the reports come out to be normal, the diagnosis for your symptoms would be sinusitis, and we will work out a treatment plan for the same.

Hope this helps.

Kindly revert in case of further queries.

|