Q. I am using laptop for a long time. Could it be the cause for my blurred vision?

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Apr 10, 2019

Sometimes when I use my laptop at work for too long, my vision gets a little blurry but clears up on its own. Lately, however, it has been happening more often, but it clears up when I blink. It happens when I wake up, during the day and at night it clears up when I blink. I have not been sleeping well, and I have been fatigued. I have also been using my phone and laptop a lot. I also noticed that I have dry eyelashes and most times it feels like there may be something physical in my eyes causing the blurriness. But it is happening a lot lately. My family has a history of glaucoma, and I checked my eye pressure a while back, and it was fine.

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I understand your concerns. The symptoms you are suffering from are most suggestive of dry eye disease. It is quite common in computer users. The best initial treatment for this is firstly to blink your eyes more often and second the thing is the use of lubricants such as 0.5 % Carboxymethylcellulose acetate eyedrops (refresh tears eyedrops). With this, I am confident that you will improve.

In case you have already been taking these measures, or if you have any further questions, please let me know. I will do my best to help you.

I have dry eyes after a LASIK surgery. Is there some medication I can try?

Query: Hi doctor,About two years ago, I did LASIK surgery to correct short-sightedness. I recovered from it and have a normal vision now. The trouble note is my eyes gets dry soon. And sometimes when I wake up I cannot even open my eyes as it is too dry and I need to keep it closed until it waters which ...  Read Full »

How can my blurred vision be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having blurry vision ever since my sore eyes have been going away. It started a week ago when I was diagnosed with sore eyes. My physician told me to use Terramycin four to five times a day and on the sixth day, the swelling in my eyes got better. But once my eye was in a ...  Read Full »

What medication can be used to cure blurred vision after using laptop?

Query: Hello doctor, I play games on my laptop for hours a day and after a few hours, my eyes become little blurry especially my left eye. It is not that I cannot see a thing but I cannot see clearly either as compared to my right eye. I can see fully clear when it is about 5 to 10 cm from my eye (letters...  Read Full »