Q. Please suggest some ayurveda remedy for blurred vision.

Dr. Arul Amuthan

I am a 30 year old male. I am suffering from blurred vision. I could not focus properly. Also, I have dizziness and stiffness in the neck, which sometimes continues for the whole day. An MRI brain was done and it was normal. The blood tests including thyroid profile, LFT, KFT, vitamin D and B are also normal. My doctor told me that it could be anxiety. I was under Allopathy treatment for three to four months and homeopathy treatment for four months, but I did not get much benefit. Now, I am not taking any medicine. Please help.

#

• Since, you have not mentioned your occupation or nature of work, diagnosis and drugs whichever you taken already, I am not able to get any clue about your condition. There are many possibilities for your conditions.
  • Eyesight problem. It leads to eye pain, headache, neck pain and vomiting. To rule out, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
  • Your MRI and other tests have ruled out the brain and hormonal related problem. So, cervical spondylosis and disc bulging in the neck are ruled out by MRI.
  • Another possibility is the history of trauma. Please recollect whether you fell down or any hit in your head, recall from childhood days till now. There are many unexplained post-trauma complications, which cannot be diagnosed by MRI or other tests.
  • In these cases, Siddha system of medicine has the remedy. We use varma therapy and varma drugs, that are exclusively for traumatic complications. If trauma history is there, then this is the only treatment.
  • Next is the occupation and psychological related. Continuous sitting, sitting in congested room (no ventilation), drinking less water, fasting, less sleep, excess sexual activities (including masturbation), mental stress, more business target, family or personal worries, economic constraints, etc.
  • All these will increase pitta (ayurvedic concept) and that leads to blurred vision and dizziness. High pitta will be related to anxiety.
  • High work using upper hand also makes the similar problem.

Below advice may be helpful to you. So, you can follow the below medical advice and will get relief.

1. Apply sesame oil on the head and keep for one hour. Then take a bath. This should be applied every alternate day. Bilvathy (Vilvathy) thailam is the suitable hair oil instead of sesame oil. If you get, then use it. Alternatively, use sesame oil. This will maintain your normal body heat.
  2. Drink tender coconut water, curd and buttermilk to reduce pitta.
  3. Once you come home at evening, take body bath with warm water.
  4. Nannaari syrup one spoon thrice daily in an empty stomach before food.
  5. If you have any ayurvedic oil, apply it on your neck and do a slight massage with your own hand and then sleep. This will relax the muscle.
  6. You can practice yoga and pranayama. It is the best way to maintain your health.

For further information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

| 

What is causing vision problems in both the eyes?

Query: Hi doctor, I have attached the scan reports of my aunt. She is 54 years old, diabetic, and hypertensive. She is on medication to control sugar and BP. She had an eye surgery before one year for some nerve problem in one of her eyes. The reason given by the ophthalmologist was diabetes. Now, her comp...  Read Full »

I have headache after using Nevanac ophthalmic suspension

Query: Hello doctor, I am 37 years old. I have discomfort and mild pain in the right eye since last four days. The doctor has advised taking Nevanac ophthalmic suspension 0.1 suspension, and Maxmoist eye drops for dry eye. He has advised to take Nevanac one drop four times daily in both eyes, and Maxmoist ...  Read Full »

How does yoga help senior citizens?

Query: Hi doctor, What are the health benefits and trends for yoga for senior citizens? Are there studios that have classes or professionals that cater to this demographic? Why choose yoga over other forms of fitness and stretching?  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now