Q. Why do I get sudden blurry vision predominantly in the morning?

Dr. Soobin Ko

Suddenly about a month ago, my eyes got blurry when I wake up in the morning. There is a white spot on my eye and it seems that sometimes it is blurrier than other days. Should I be worried? If so, what can we do to help make it better?

Dr. Soobin Ko

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Can I ask you a few more questions to give you more accurate advice?

Are your both eyes blurred or just one eye? Are your eyes blurry only in the morning or all day? Do you see the white spot all the time or sometimes?Is the white spot floating around or stay in one place? Any other symptoms such as pain, discharge, or red eyes? Do you wear any glasses or contact lenses?

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

| 

Just my right eye is blurry. My eyes are blurry all day but more in the morning when I wake up. All the time I see white spots and it stays in the same place. I have pain and dirt in the eye, and I do not wear any glasses or contact lenses.

Dr. Soobin Ko

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Based on the information provided, there are two possible causes for your problem. Dry eye and refractive error. Those conditions are very common and usually do not cause any serious problems. But, there are a few things you can do to resolve these problems.

Try lubricating eye drops for dry eye such as Hypromellose, Systane or Sodium hyaluronate four times a day for two weeks. Usually, you can buy them from pharmacy or online without a prescription.

Try to see an optometrist or ophthalmologist for an eye test to find out if you need any glasses (or contact lenses) and wear them if needed. If your eye does not get better within two weeks with those measures or gets worse at any time.

|