Blurred Vision

What causes eye irritation and watering?

Query: Hi doctor, When I go to bed, my eyes start watering, mainly the left one. When I get out of my bed and look myself in the mirror, my eyes are red and my eyelids swollen. When I wake up in the morning, I have the same problem of tearing eyes, redness and eyelid swelling. I sleep on the left side, an...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Xanthelasma is nothing to do with your problems. It is due to high cholesterol levels. Your watering problem may be related to previous conjunctivitis attacks. Do you have irritation during watering or blurring of vision after conjunctivitis? This is more common in vir...  Read Full »

What can be done If I have blurred vision in one eye while the other is closed?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently have noticed a slight blurriness in my right eye. It is only noticeable when I close my left eye, and so I am not sure how long it has taken for this to develop. I am going to see an optometrist and doctor early next week but am currently on the road for work. My main ques...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This kind of a picture of eyesight becoming better on looking at specific directions are related to astigmatism. It is a very prevalent and correctable condition. There is no need to be anxious about it. Different reasons cause floaters. A dilated retinal examination w...  Read Full »

Can excess use of laptop lead to blurred vision?

Query: Hello doctor, Sometimes when I use my laptop at work for too long, my vision gets a little blurry but clears up on its own. Lately, however, it has been happening more often, but it clears up when I blink. It happens when I wake up, during the day and at night it clears up when I blink. I have not ...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. The symptoms you are suffering from are most suggestive of dry eye disease. It is quite common in computer users. The best initial treatment for this is firstly to blink your eyes more often and second the thing is the use of lubricants su...  Read Full »

Why is my vision not clear even after cataract surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I had my first cataract surgery in the right eye four years back. Now again this year, I just had cataract surgery in the left eye. Just today, after three days of my second cataract surgery in the left eye, the vision in my right eye is not clear. When I am seeing contact names on my...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and want to assure you that it is usually just a benign increase in tearing in both eyes after surgery that causes such a picture. It settles down on its own and will not need any further treatment than your post-operative medication. In ca...  Read Full »

I cannot see things that are far away from me. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old male. I cannot see things that are far away from me. As far back as I can remember, l became aware I had an eye problem at a very young age. I was forced to sit in front of the class to see better. After that, I have been taken to the clinic and hospital but it yield...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iCliniq.com. There are a number of different conditions that can cause a drop in vision. Some of these can be corrected by glasses, these are called refractive errors. While others cannot be improved with glasses and will need eye surgery or special medication. A simple test to ...  Read Full »

How can blurry vision due to dry eyes be cured?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a female, 71 years old, hypothyroid. Question: I have an epithelial defect secondary to dry eye causing increasing blurred vision. Past three months I had an amniotic transplant but not successful followed by current tarsorrhaphy. I have been given little hope of better visual re...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am very sorry to hear about your condition. Usually, such a picture suggests quite a severe disease. So, there is no such clear cut fix to your problems. The main thing to understand is that dry eye which is this severe is usually caused by some secondary diseases ...  Read Full »

Why is my eye blurry only in sunlight?

Query: Hello doctor, My right eye appears blurry but only in sunlight and I see my eyelashes blurring my vision. I can read clearly with both my eyes and can also watch TV and normal activity while indoors. But during day time in bright light, I cannot see clearly with my right eye. I am 43, male. My eyes...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptom that you are suffering from is referred to as hemeralopia, this symptom can be caused due to a number of different conditions. The most common mechanism of such a blurring involves a central corneal opacity or cataract obstructing central light rays when ...  Read Full »

How can blurry vision be permanently cured?

Query: Hello doctor,I am of 21 and I am suffering from permanent blurry eye vision in my only right one. It is by birth. Is there any chance to cure it without any permanent glasses and without any operations. Suggest me, please.  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you are having blurred vision in your right eye since birth. This kind of presentation can be due to a variety of reasons, the most important being amblyopia. This is a weakness in your vision nerve and the vision centers of your brain. This diagnos...  Read Full »

Why is my sight still blurry after wearing glasses?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently had an eye exam and was able to see clearly by the time the doctor was done with my exam. I ordered the glasses and they just arrived yesterday. I out them on and it is as if I am not wearing glasses because with the glasses or without the glasses everything is blurry. I told ...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you told your vision was fine with the glasses or lenses your doctor uses during eye exam and now you are having trouble with your glasses then most probably you need to recheck your glasses if they are dispensed according to your prescription or is there any error. ...  Read Full »

What medication can be used to cure blurred vision after using laptop?

Query: Hello doctor, I play games on my laptop for hours a day and after a few hours, my eyes become little blurry especially my left eye. It is not that I cannot see a thing but I cannot see clearly either as compared to my right eye. I can see fully clear when it is about 5 to 10 cm from my eye (letters...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you having blurring of vision in one or both eyes first thing to do is get your eyes checked for refractive error, you might need glasses. And glasses will solve your problem. Other cause of blurring after an excess laptop or digital devices use may be dry eyes. Peop...  Read Full »