Q. I take a shower every day but I get a musty smell in vagina even. Please help.

Dr. Nadia Khan
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Sep 26, 2019

I am in the eighth grade I take a shower every day I rinse with apple cider vinegar once a week, but whenever I start moving around a lot, this musty smell starts coming from down there I am also a majorette the smell is not so bad the whole room can smell it. Please help.

Dr. Nadia Khan

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Probably you got an infection in your vagina because of using of vinegar. It might have resulted in removing healthy bugs from there which usually fight against infection and germs. So I would suggest you to stop using vinegar at first place and then take tablet Metronidazole three times a day for seven days. It will relieve the smell and wash the area only with plain water as many times as possible and use only and only loose cotton underwear and do not use any other cosmetic products over there.

Plastic Toxicity

Article Overview: Most of the plastic produced today are for food packaging, plastic bags, and containers, which are single-use and are discarded immediately. This single-use plastic is the major contributor to plastic pollution. Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan
General Medicine Physician

Plastic Toxicity We live in an age where plastic is all around us. Everything from food and beverage containers, cosmetics containers, pens, interiors of cars, toys, bags, shoes, adhesives, lubricants, medical devices, etc., all contain plastic in some form. As they are not expensive and durable, p...  Read Article

Why am I getting prolonged foul order vaginal bleeding?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old and mostly likely anemic. Before two months, my period lasted longer than normal and the bleeding stopped after 8 to 10 days. My last period started on the correct date and I am still bleeding. I thought it was finished after my normal five day streak, but I leaked bloo...  Read Full »

May I know the treatment for vaginal infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I have got some vaginal infection. I feel itching, burning and some kind of cut and marks on my vagina. I would like to know the treatment for this. Please help.  Read Full »