Body Pain During Pregnancy

Why am I having lower back and abdomen pain during pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am currently pregnant, as confirmed by a pregnancy test. Yesterday, I felt a lower abdomen and lower back pain that does not go away. May I know if I need to go to the hospital now? I just want to know if this calls for concern and we need to go to emergency. Thank you.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. During early pregnancy, there are chances that you may experience a mild lower abdominal ache off and on due to uterosacral ligament laxity, which is physiological. But if lower back pain, as well as lower suprapubic pain, occurs, then there are all chances that you...  Read Full »

Why do I feel heaviness in stomach, nausea and weakness all the time in first trimester?

Query: Hello doctor, I am in the first trimester of my pregnancy, it got confirmed almost a week ago when I did the urine pregnancy test at home. After that, I went to a gynecologist who prescribed me a couple of medicines and a few blood and urine tests. My problem is that I have been feeling very une...  Read Full »

Dr. Keeranmayee Mishra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I will try to give as much information as possible. Your EDD (estimated due date) if periods were regular previously is 16.03.2021. All symptoms you have mentioned can be normal in pregnancy. All medications are correct. I insist on doing a scan for the baby and you...  Read Full »

How to deal with fatigue, body pain and increased urinary frequency during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am pregnant but I feel like I cannot do anything. I am weak and my body feels like it is on fire but it is not I am wanting to throw up all day. I am using the restroom more than normal. My heart rate goes racing and I get light-headed. What is wrong with me? I have been dealing wi...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The fact that you are 5 months pregnant and frequenting restroom more than normal, with fatigue and weakness and likely lower back pain and nausea as well indicates a possible urinary tract infection having set in. You should get a urine routine and culture microsco...  Read Full »

Why am I having pain in various parts of the body during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, This is my 34th week of pregnancy and I recently started having pain in numerous areas. For one when I sit down it is difficult to get back up due to sharp pain in my lower back. Then I have pain in my upper abdomen which seems to last 20 to 30 minutes. I do not want to go to the hosp...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not see any reason for you to worry. Let me explain. Delivery is not a single day phenomenon on that end of 10 months. Your body is gradually relaxing, which includes all the muscles, ligaments, joints for that moment of relaxation and expulsion of the baby. Eve...  Read Full »

I am pregnant and I am unable to sit or stand due to pain. Please suggest.

Query: Hi doctor,I am 23 weeks pregnant. I am having butt pain from two days. I am unable to sit or stand. Please suggest what to do.  Read Full »

Dr. Catherine Bevington

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It probably comes from your ligaments becoming looser, getting ready for birth. It is very common in pregnancy. I suggest you take Paracetamol 1 g up to four times a day (safe in pregnancy). Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the ...  Read Full »