Q. I am in my first trimester with breathlessness, nausea and weakness. Is this normal?

Dr. Keeranmayee Mishra

I am in the first trimester of my pregnancy, it got confirmed almost a week ago when I did the urine pregnancy test at home. After that, I went to a gynecologist who prescribed me a couple of medicines and a few blood and urine tests.

My problem is that I have been feeling very uneasy all throughout the day with a lot of heaviness in my abdomen, breathlessness, weakness, and nausea. There is not even a single day when I feel comfortable or better. My blood test revealed high blood sugar (188 mg/dL) after having glucose water. Urine revealed a few bacilli, rest thyroid, and other routine tests were normal. USG will be done after 20 days. My Hb too is normal.

My last period was on the 9th June. My age is 31 years and I have conceived naturally. Due to the lockdown, I am not able to go the doctor and the medicines too are not very effective. Is there anything to worry about? Medicines prescribed are Rabeprazole 40 mg, Doxcef, Folizorb, and one liquid antacid.

I am unable to do any work because my sickness lasts all throughout the day not only in the morning. Even having water has become very difficult as it leads to a lot of heaviness in the stomach. Kindly tell when is my EDD?

Dr. Keeranmayee Mishra

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I will try to give as much information as possible.

Your EDD (estimated due date) if periods were regular previously is 16.03.2021. All symptoms you have mentioned can be normal in pregnancy. All medications are correct. I insist on doing a scan for the baby and your diabetic profile to assess the need for antidiabetics (only if required). Your pulse, blood pressure findings are also to be recorded once.

Take proper precautions like mask, shield, gloves, and sanitation, and visit a nearby hospital to get all the above assessed. Baby’s location and heartbeat is to be checked in the scan. It is necessary because feeling uncomfortable throughout the day and restlessness, though a normal feature of pregnancy cannot be neglected.

|