Q. I have constant body pain and weakness. What could be the reason?

Dr. Mahaveer Patil
Published on Sep 26, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My arms and legs hurt every time I move around too much or stand too long or lift my hand up. I cannot even do exercises, because my muscles burn when I try to do some exercise. My knees also hurt when I stand too long or carry weight. My knees hurt and give a twig breaking sound when I bend them. I also have back pain. A few months ago, the area of tail bone started aching whenever I sit down. The pain has lessened now. I am 25 years old and have been with these problems since I was 21 and I feel like I am 125. I have met a general practitioner and had some scans. He said that my bone structure was fine and my spine was a little curvy at the end. He told me that it was probably a nerve caught in between my bones and had worn out over time. He advised me to meet an orthodontist. Could you advise me on what I should do further?

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Orthopedics And Traumatology Physiotherapy Spine Health Spine Surgery
#

I have gone through your query in detail (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and understand your concern.

• From the complaints you have mentioned, it does not seem that you have any nerve pinch or something like that.
  • It seems that you have low calcium and vitamin levels in blood, causing all your bones and muscles to be weak.
  • If your daily diet does not have sufficient calcium, then your bones will become weak. I suggest you calcium and vitamin tablets daily for at least a month or two.
  • Take painkiller tablets only when the pain is unbearable. Consult your physician, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • Get blood investigations done to see for any derangements in calcium levels.
  • You should eventually get back to normal in a few days. Nothing to worry about.

For further information consult a physiotherapist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/physiotherapist

Kindly explain the reports of tests taken for fever, cold, and weakness.

Query: Hello doctor, I just got my full body checkup report. Please review, analyze and suggest.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your attached report shows the following positive finding means notable finding (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Calcium deficiency, vitamin D deficiency, low transferrin saturation, and iron level, CRP positive, and abnormal thyroid report. Kindly m...  Read Full

Why am I having constipation with hard stools and frequent urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 34 years old, female. I am suffering from asthma, rhinitis allergy, IBS, ulcerative colitis and osteoporosis, and anemia. My last blood report was of 7.9 hemoglobin. I feel constantly tired and exhausted plus new problem has started that each and every bone pains all the time mos...  Read Full >>

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Get started with Iron and Calcium supplements. Take fiber rich diet and plenty of fluids. Take laxatives and cranberry juice for constipation and bladder symptoms. You can have an active bladder and chronic constipation. Get a urine examination, thyroid profile and pelv...  Read Full

Why does my wife have severe back pain after normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife delivered a baby boy last month, which was a normal delivery. Whenever she moves, the muscles on the upper right ribs below the breast gets pulled. Also, she has a severe lower back ache, which is unbearable. Can you please suggest some medicines for it? For now, we are puttin...  Read Full >>

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The back pain post-delivery is mainly related to lack of calcium, inadequate rest, and poor hydration. Please see to it that you take calcium supplements and calcium-rich food. Take plenty of fluids. The back pain and catch in the ribs could also be related to faulty br...  Read Full

Ask a Physiotherapist Now