Q. I have constant body pain and weakness. What could be the reason?

Dr. Mahaveer Patil
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 26, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My arms and legs hurt every time I move around too much or stand too long or lift my hand up. I cannot even do exercises, because my muscles burn when I try to do some exercise. My knees also hurt when I stand too long or carry weight. My knees hurt and give a twig breaking sound when I bend them. I also have back pain. A few months ago, the area of tail bone started aching whenever I sit down. The pain has lessened now. I am 25 years old and have been with these problems since I was 21 and I feel like I am 125. I have met a general practitioner and had some scans. He said that my bone structure was fine and my spine was a little curvy at the end. He told me that it was probably a nerve caught in between my bones and had worn out over time. He advised me to meet an orthodontist. Could you advise me on what I should do further?

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Orthopedics And Traumatology Physiotherapy Spine Health Spine Surgery
#

I have gone through your query in detail (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and understand your concern.

• From the complaints you have mentioned, it does not seem that you have any nerve pinch or something like that.
  • It seems that you have low calcium and vitamin levels in blood, causing all your bones and muscles to be weak.
  • If your daily diet does not have sufficient calcium, then your bones will become weak. I suggest you calcium and vitamin tablets daily for at least a month or two.
  • Take painkiller tablets only when the pain is unbearable. Consult your physician, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • Get blood investigations done to see for any derangements in calcium levels.
  • You should eventually get back to normal in a few days. Nothing to worry about.

For further information consult a physiotherapist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/physiotherapist

| 

Kindly explain the reports of tests taken for fever, cold, and weakness.

Query: Hello doctor, I just got my full body checkup report. Please review, analyze and suggest.  Read Full »

Why am I having constipation with hard stools and frequent urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 34 years old, female. I am suffering from asthma, rhinitis allergy, IBS, ulcerative colitis and osteoporosis, and anemia. My last blood report was of 7.9 hemoglobin. I feel constantly tired and exhausted plus new problem has started that each and every bone pains all the time mos...  Read Full »

Why does my wife have severe back pain after normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife delivered a baby boy last month, which was a normal delivery. Whenever she moves, the muscles on the upper right ribs below the breast gets pulled. Also, she has a severe lower back ache, which is unbearable. Can you please suggest some medicines for it? For now, we are puttin...  Read Full »

Ask a Physiotherapist Now