Q. I have fever-like symptoms and body pain. What should I do?

For the last four to five days, I have a fever-like symptoms and body pain. I am a diabetic and Insulin dependent. What should I do? I am currently taking Lantus Insulin 20 units, NovoRapid 10 units, Olmin 40 and Lnbloc 20.

Do you have a question on Body Pain or Diabetes?

Ask a Doctor Now

M.B.B.S., M.D. PSYCHIATRY
Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology

I read your query and understand your concerns.

• First of all, I am assuming that there is no fever. As in the query, there is a word fever-like and no fever.
  • If this is not the case, then you are requested to see a doctor as fever along with diabetes is never a small thing and due caution should be exercised.
  • If there is only body pain with feeling that you have a fever, but actually there is no fever, then the first possibility is viral infection due to changing seasons over the last few weeks.
  • Most likely they will resolve within three to seven days and not much to worry. Mean time, you can use simple Paracetamol 500 mg on need basis and avoid any other medication except your regular medication for diabetes.
  • The simple Paracetamol will suffice to relieve your pain.

For further information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

Can a viral infection increase the ESR level?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old male. My recent blood report shows high ESR level (48 mm/hr). I am having a cough, fever, and a headache since eight days. The doctor told me that I have a viral infection, and has given me antibiotics and a cough syrup. Please guide.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the history, you have an upper respiratory tract infection. You need to do the following investigations. Physical examination. Auscultation. CBC (complete blood count). Throat swab for culture or ASO (antistreptolysin O) titer. If auscultation is suspicious, ...  Read Full »

Fever in Babies: When to Call the Doctor
Article Overview: Fever is a non-specific symptom. When babies have fever, it can be traumatic for the parents as well, because they are unsure of what is causing it and how to soothe the baby. Adding to their anxiety, the baby is unable to explain his/ her discomfort in words. This article deals with how to take care of a baby who is down with fever and when to seek medical help.  Read Article »
Dr. Vasantha K S
Child Health Specialist

Fever is not an illness by itself, but a symptom. It can be due to virus or bacteria. Viral fevers that come with the common flu or cold tend to subside within three days. They do not require antibiotics as these medicines have no effect on the virus. On the other hand, bacterial fevers like urinary ...  Read Article »

Diabetes and Eyes
Article Overview: Diabetes is one of the leading cause for permanent blindness. It is very essential for us to know to avoid the complications of diabetes. Micro-vascular complications will involve eyes, kidneys and nerves in common. But early detection and prevention will avoid permanent disability.  Read Article »
Dr. Pratap Vgm
Diabetologist

"EYES are the most beautiful organs created by nature which enables us to have vision. It is very important factor for individuals to be independent in their life" Diabetes is a metabolic syndrome entity which is characterized by hyperglycemia, high blood pressure and dyslipedemia. It causes variou ...  Read Article »

Ask a Doctor Now