Q. Are Ashwagandha and Shilajit good for boosting testosterone while body building?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 22, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 22, 2019

I am 28 years old. 80 kg and 5 feet 7 inches. Regular to the gym. Instead of using any artificial testosterone or any type of supplement in the gym, I recently found out about Ashwagandha and Shilajit which are natural and provide a testosterone boost naturally. Is it safe to consume 600 mg of both everyday? And, if Ioccasionally drink alcohol during this course socially will that harm me or my body? I also take Liv-52 on a regular basis and follow a healthy diet when I am regular to the gym. My work consists a lot of traveling. So, when Ido not workout, I skip my vitamin and my supplement course and only continue it when I start again. Is this fine? Please assist.

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

#

You have selected good natural medicines to testosterone booster. We do prescribe these medicines to improve natural body strength and immunity, and not specifically for body-building. But, you can use it on regular basis for two months.

If Ashwagandha is available in the form of powder, then take 3 g twice a day with warm milk after meals and if it is in the form of tablets or capsules take two tablets or capsules twice a day with warm milk after meals.

Shilajit is available in the form of tablets and capsules. Take one tablet or capsule twice a day with warm milk after meals.

Liv-52 is a combination of several natural herbs which has detoxifying and appetizer properties. You can take 10 ml syrup or one tablet twice a day after meals.

In this period, you should avoid smoking and drinking. Avoid spicy and fried junk foods. Drink plenty of water after half an hour foods intake. Further, if you have any queries regarding this concern feel free to revert back.

For more information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

| 

I have Still's disease from 15 years. Can I take steroids for bodybuilding?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from Still’s disease from the past 15 years, and I was 13 years old at that time. Now I am 28 years old, and I have no problems from the disease since the past seven years. The treatment was with Methotrexate and Medrol (Methylprednisolone). From the past seven years,...  Read Full »

I was advised ayurvedic medicines for work-related stress. Will this help?

Query: Hello doctor, I have developed anxiety problems due to severe work-related stress. I work in the IT services with timings from 2 PM to 11 PM. So, I go to bed by 1 AM and wake up around 6.45 AM every day. Due to stress, I am having palpitations. I had a full echo, ECG, and a treadmill test to rule ou...  Read Full »

Can Ashwagandha and Shilajit be used for fatigue due to masturbation?

Query: Hi doctor, Earlier in my life I had the problem of over-masturbation. This was related to my mental depression as well. However, I have recovered from the habit of over-masturbation. But, still I masturbate once in four days. This causes fatigue, back pain and leg pain. Can I use supplements such as...  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now