Q. Can I start bodybuilding at the age of 18? Will this stop me from growing tall?

Dr. Vandana Andrews
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 29, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

Can I start bodybuilding at the age of 18? Will this stop me from growing tall?

#

I advise you to start sports first and after a year or so, you can start going to the gym. This is because men grow in height till 20 years and after that, the growth stops.

Until then, be inclined towards sports like basketball, jogging, running, bar pull-ups till 20 years of age. All the above-mentioned sports will help you increase your height. They also give you a muscular body.

|