Bone Scan

Please help me interpret my prostate biopsy.

Query: Hi doctor, Here are the results of a prostate biopsy. What do you think of the results? Do you recommend surgery or chemotherapy for a 71 year old?  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The prostate biopsy report is suggestive of high grade prostate adenocarcinoma. So, the recommended treatment would be either a laparoscopic radical prostatectomy or radiotherapy in the form of IMRT (intensity-modulated radiation therapy). No role for chemotherapy as a...  Read Full »

Do you feel that the enhancement of a rib on MRI is due to metastasis?

Query: Hi, I had a routine MRI for the history of treated breast cancer, and that showed enhancement on a rib. What would cause this? I had rib pain following a bad cough and cold.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is possible that you might have mild fractures of ribs due to excessive coughing. Can you please upload the images. I will look at the pictures and then give a detailed opinion. Revert with the images to a radiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-do...  Read Full »

Can you help interpret my dad's liver function test results?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 57 and he had an LFT. I wanted help in interpreting his results.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, I can help interpret the LFT or liver function test results. You can upload the report so that I can suggest accordingly. Revert with more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner  Read Full »

What does raised tumor marker indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is receiving breast cancer treatment for the past five years. Recently, she went for the blood test, and her results for tumor marker CA 15-3 has gone above 500 U/mL. Is it bad? Does her cancer got spread? I am concerned. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Cancer antigen 15-3 (CA 15-3) is a tumor marker. Its range is raised. It is alarming and highly suspicious to have the recurrence of the previously treated breast cancer. So it is better to repeat the test. So, she must consult her oncolog...  Read Full »

How can I get relief from pain in sacroiliac joints?

Query: Hi doctor, I have severe pain in my sacroiliac joints (eight years). The doctors focused only on my lumbar sacral spine, and it has got fused before two years. However, the pain persisted. I found after a surgery that bilateral sacroiliitis showed up on MRI before two years. I saw a rheumatologist ...  Read Full »

Dr. K Shanmuganandan

Rheumatologist, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have spondyloarthritis. You may benefit from TNF (tumor necrosis factor) blockers. They will help in controlling your disease. What is your HLA-B27 status? For more information consult a rheumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/rheum...  Read Full »