Q. What could be the reason for frequent unsettling personality changes?

Dr. Vandana Patidar

I have been experiencing a very unsettled life for many years. First, I was told I had a split personality, and now others are noticing changes in my state of being. I am regressing into a child-like state with anger and anxiety and have a difficult sex life with my husband. I can have a lovely day sightseeing, experiencing art and culture, and I am in a nightclub behaving differently the next minute. I can never make decisions due to many differences of opinion inside my head. Faith, desires, wants, needs, beliefs, nothing is a simple decision. I am in constant conflict with myself. It is very difficult to explain, but it is very unsettling and causes me problems. I was diagnosed with schizophrenia during my childhood.

Kindly help.

#

Welcome to iclinq.com.

I understand what you are going through right now. The conflicts you are facing are a common problem amongst the youth nowadays. The way you are explaining things about yourself, I do not think you have schizophrenia. However, a detailed evaluation is a must. We need to discuss things in detail. Get the following investigations done, serum thyroid stimulating hormone, and serum vitamin B12. Meanwhile, you can try the following to make yourself more comfortable, deep breathing exercises, some anger management techniques, and a regular schedule (fixed sleep-wake times).

|