Brain Cancer

Can I have brain tumor or cancer by using hair dryer?

Query: Hi doctor, I am using hair dryer five days a week. Can I have brain tumor or cancer by using hair dryer? I have been using it for six months. My hairs are pretty well. I have a nice growth and I will oil my hair every day. Sometimes I have pimples in my scalp and there is a mild pain in my one side...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no connection between hair dryer use and brain tumor. So just relax and do not get worried about it. I just recommend using a good material hair dryer, without bad chemicals. Asbestos-containing hair dryers can increase the risk for lung cancer. For more in...  Read Full »

Kindly interpret my relative's MRI and guide us.

Query: Hello doctor, This is regarding my relative. My relative had a seizure attack and fits before a year. We consulted a doctor and started medicine. During the course, the patient reported some slight pain in his head. A week later he started complaining of severe headache with vomiting. So, a CT scan ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The functional MRI and tractography reports are enclosed (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and it reads that it is a known case of tumor. However, the tumor in the right parietal lobe, which is the non-dominant part of the brain, can be treated with surgery...  Read Full »

Why is my mother, restless, has hallucinations, and a small bump on her head?

Query: This is on behalf of my mother, aged 82. She does not have sugar, BO, or cholestrol, and takes food normally. Four years ago, she underwent a major surgery SLEEVE RESECTION for GIST in the stomach. The operation was a success and the tumour was removed. The post operative pathology report showed som...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravi M Soni

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: hi... sorry for the delay... according to your explanation of the symptoms... to me it is more like delirium due to some underlying pathology..she is 82 yrs old.. so already her memory has been weaken by ageing...i dont know about her cognition and memory... whether she is able to identify and recog...  Read Full »

Is the tumor detected in my dad's MRI cancerous?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is 56 years old and healthy. Since last few months, he is suffering from sudden chewing like action and unconsciousness or seizure like situation. This situation remains the same for some time. During the MRI test, our doctor informed about the tumor. We are very much worried. I...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query with diligence and I would like you to know that I am here to help you. The reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) denote that there are two problems. Reduced blood supply to brain and a small tumor (brain cancer). As per...  Read Full »

After a brain tumor removal, I still have some persistent symptoms. Should I be worried?

Query: Hello doctor,I had a hemangioblastoma tumor removed from the back right cerebellum last year. The operation was successful and the tumor was 100 % removed. Before my surgery, I felt some twitching, night sweats, and headaches. I no longer have headaches, but I am having some night sweats and my twi...  Read Full »

Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. These symptoms may not be related to the lesion in your brain. Have you got your blood sugars checked? Have you been eating well? Consult a physician to get liver renal functions done. For more information consult a neurologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a...  Read Full »

Does the CT scan of my brain show a meningioma?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like your opinion regarding the attached CT scan of my head. I specifically want to know if you see any indication of a meningioma in the left posterior parietal lobe. I would also like your opinion regarding whether or not a CT without contrast would show this particular anoma...  Read Full »

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the MRI (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I see a spot of hyperdensity in the left posterior parietal lobe. However, the findings are not suggestive of a meningioma. The hyperdensity may represent calcification due to a granuloma. I suggest...  Read Full »

Does my wife's MRI show the reason for recurrent dizziness and headaches?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 34 years old, and she is having recurrent dizziness and headaches. So, she got an MRI scan of the brain. I have attached the reports for your better understanding. Your advice is much appreciated.  Read Full »

Dr. Chandan Mohanty

Neurologist, Neuro Surgeon, Spine Surgeon, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Unfortunately, the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) says that there is a mass in the brain, most likely a cancerous growth. IT is most probably a high-grade glioma or lymphoma. You will need to see a neurosurgeon, who will be able to examine her...  Read Full »

MRI spine showed intramedullary mass at T4. Is it a cyst or malignancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I had an MRI of the thoracic spine and it showed an intramedullar mass at level T4. I was told it is likely to be a cyst and is not malignant. However, everything I have read online says that intramedullar lesions are almost always malignant and cysts are rare or maybe evidence of MS,...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you attach the MRI images and upload it so that I can see it? For more information consult a spine health specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/spine-health-specialist  Read Full »

Can eating turmeric everyday reduce the chances of cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, What are the symptoms of brain cancer and colorectal cancer? One more thing, if I eat turmeric every day the chances of cancer will be reduced or not? Can it be cured in Ayurveda?  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. See there are a number of symptoms which are linked to both these cancers. Moreover, in initial stages, some patient might not feel any symptoms. As far as turmeric is concerned it has many properties including anti-cancer properties. But it ...  Read Full »