Brain Tumours

Is it possible for brain stem tumors to cause trigeminal nerve?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old female. I am healthy, and my routine blood studies are fine. But recently, I experience cramps in my left hand and occasional numbness in the left side of my face. Also one day, I felt a strong toothache on my right side, so I went to a dentist, who told me there w...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I would like to assure you that the none of the described symptoms in your post is indicative of brain tumor. It will not be wrong to say that what you are experiencing is a manifestation of benign disorde...  Read Full »

Is brain tumor non cancerous?

Query: Hello doctor, Based on a review of the attached file or report, kindly clarify the following queries: 1. Is it non-cancerous? 2. How severe is it, and will it require multiple surgeries? 3. Is it completely curable with medicines, as my doses are reducing? 4. Are there possibilities of reformation o...  Read Full »

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The answers to your questions are as follows: 1. Central neurocytoma is not a cancerous tumor. However, depending on the grade of the tumor, it can have a recurrence. 2. The goal of surgery ...  Read Full »

Does brain tumor cause headaches and dizziness?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having headaches and dizziness for five days. The headache is around my forehead and behind my eyes. I am 30 years old. My aunt has a brain tumor. I am wondering if my headache can be a tumor as well.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I like to inform you that we need to think the common causes of a headache before jumping to serious and uncommon causes. There is saying that if you think of rare causes for the symptoms of the patient you ar...  Read Full »

Is there any finding in my MRI regarding ice pick headaches?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having ice pick headaches. Hence, I went for an MRI scan and regular blood tests. Now, I am wondering whether my report is normal. Can you please guide me? Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The attached MRI images (attachment removed to protect patient identity) showed normal findings. There are many pictures which have not been attached. However, I wish to have a look at the complete set of pictures for an accurate interpretation of your MRI scan brain...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest ways to reduce mild vertigo.

Query: Hi doctor, I have mild vertigo for the past one month. There is no sweating or vomiting. I do not have any pain in the head and there is no problem of hearing and vision. I am only experiencing some balancing problem. My ENG test is absolutely normal. What will be the possible way to reduce this?  Read Full »

Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I would like to tell you the causes of unsteadiness or dizziness. They are aural (disease of ear) and extra aural. Under extra aural there comes a long list of diseases. Spondylosis. Tumors of cerebellopontine (CP) angle and brain. M...  Read Full »

I suffer from panic attack, anxiety, and fear of brain tumour even after doctors consultation. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27-year-old male. My weight is 255 lb, and I am a smoker. I suffer from panic attack, anxiety, and fear of cancer for six years. Right now I have been spending all my day reading about brain tumor because I think I have it since I have all the symptoms. Two weeks ago I had a pan...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Possibly you are very anxious with thoughts of having a brain tumor. It may be part and parcel of your previous anxiety problem, which might have increased recently. I suggest you consultant a psychiatrist for anxiety issues. For relieving your current thoughts and...  Read Full »

Please help me understand the outcome of my brain tumor surgery.

Query: Hi doctor, Three months back, I had CyberKnife surgery for a brain tumor. Today, I had my MRI again. I want to know the report. Please explain.  Read Full »

Dr. Uphar Gupta

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The MRI brain showed that the mass is pressing the fifth cranial nerve, which takes the sensations from the face to the brain. The good news is that the vital cavernous sinus is not compressed and hence the mass is resectable. Please send me the full image and the report ...  Read Full »

Does the CT scan of my brain show a meningioma?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like your opinion regarding the attached CT scan of my head. I specifically want to know if you see any indication of a meningioma in the left posterior parietal lobe. I would also like your opinion regarding whether or not a CT without contrast would show this particular anoma...  Read Full »

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the MRI (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I see a spot of hyperdensity in the left posterior parietal lobe. However, the findings are not suggestive of a meningioma. The hyperdensity may represent calcification due to a granuloma. I suggest...  Read Full »

How to deal with teeth grinding that developed due to brain tumor?

Query: Hello doctor, My nephew is 2 years and 5 months old and he had a brain surgery two months ago to extract a brain tumor. It was an anaplastic ependymoma on his fourth ventricle. After brain surgery, his awareness was low and he was on a ventilator for 50 days. He is doing well know, but ou...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Solanki

General Surgeon, Neuro Surgeon, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your nephew. Due to the tumor for which he was operated, the cerebellum (small brain) was affected. Due to that, he has developed bruxism which is a rare complication. Unfortunately, there is no effective established recommended treatment. Some ...  Read Full »

Does my wife's MRI show the reason for recurrent dizziness and headaches?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 34 years old, and she is having recurrent dizziness and headaches. So, she got an MRI scan of the brain. I have attached the reports for your better understanding. Your advice is much appreciated.  Read Full »

Dr. Chandan Mohanty

Neurologist, Neuro Surgeon, Spine Surgeon, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Unfortunately, the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) says that there is a mass in the brain, most likely a cancerous growth. IT is most probably a high-grade glioma or lymphoma. You will need to see a neurosurgeon, who will be able to examine her...  Read Full »