Q. From the reports of my father, can you explain his health issue?

Dr. Chirag Solanki
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 11, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 21, 2021

There is a health issue for my father. We did an MRI brain scan of his head. He is on Oxetol 300 mg from yesterday. 

#

• As per the papers shared (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your father's CT is showing some mass or tumor in the brain and because of which he is having one-sided seizures.
  • I would like to look at MRI images to suggest possible treatment in detail. Looking at this stage based on his problem and CT finding, he would require treatment for that mass lesion, probably a surgery.
  • To suggest exact management based on size, location and nature of lesion I would require MRI images.

Revert with the reports to a neuro surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neuro-surgeon

Thank your doctor,

For now, what treatment do you suggest?

#

• I suggest tablet Bioza 6 mg one in the morning and one in the evening for 10 days, which will reduce brain swelling around that mass. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.
  • I also suggest capsule Pantocid DSR (Pantoprazole and Domperidone) one in the morning and one in the evening for 10 days.
  • If the seizures do not stop, then consult your doctor to increase the dose of Oxetol (Oxcarbazepine) or add another drug till the definitive management of mass is done.
  • Kindly provide the images of CT or MRI to guide you properly.

Revert with details to a neuro surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neuro-surgeon

|