Q. After taking Unwanted 72, the condom broke during sex. Will I get pregnant?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

I had unprotected sex on the 12th day of my menstrual cycle, but I took Unwanted 72. And we had sex again, but the condom broke. Will I get pregnant?

#

• It is recommended to take Unwanted 72 only after sex. This is a post-coital pill, so you can understand that there is a minimal chance of getting pregnant if you have unprotected sex after taking emergency contraceptive pills.
  • Now, you might ask me how do you know whether you are pregnant or not. You need to wait for the withdrawal bleeding following the pill. If it occurs, then the chances are very less. But, I suggest you get a pregnancy test after three weeks to check the status.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|