Q. Condom broke while having sex and I am doubtful whether precum was there. What to do?

Dr. Raveendran Sr

I want to ask you about taking Mifepristone 10 mg. Our condom broke while having sex one day ago, and I am not sure whether there was precum. I am thinking of taking the medicine tomorrow. What are the side effects and what to expect? I am 15 years old, and my period was eight days ago.

#

I can understand your concern. Mifepristone is an abortion pill, not a contraceptive pill. So you can only take the pill if you are pregnant.

You can take the following medication:

Tab Levonorgestrel 1.5mg (I-pill) can be taken within 72 hours of sex. A second tablet is only needed if vomiting occurs within three hours. Seizure drugs will decrease its efficacy (0.9% - 2% failure rate).The adverse effects are nausea, headache, and dysmenorrhoea. And the menstrual bleeding for the next period may be earlier or later than expected. Taking Mifepristone can cause vaginal bleeding and can lead to an emergency.

|