Q. Is there any confirmatory test available to diagnose breast cancer?

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

My mother has a lump on her breast. She underwent a biopsy. In the biopsy report, it came as benign. Another test showed that she has stage 3 breast cancer (she has no symptoms) and the doctor advised us for a mastectomy. The doctor recommended us to do some tests such as blood count, breast X-ray, and ultrasound. The results came normal (there is no mass lesion present, and there is no metastasis seen). Is there any confirmatory test available to find breast cancer?

#

I can understand your concern. The only way to confirm breast cancer is through a tissue biopsy. It is better to repeat a biopsy. There are other investigations like a mammogram, CT Scan and tumor markers, which can help to detect breast cancer.

|