Q. Can excessive sweating cause depigmentation under breasts?

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

I have depigmentation under my breast. I am taking tablet Amlodipine for blood pressure. Kindly help.

#

Thanks for writing in, and I understand your concern.

I need some more information for the proper assessment. Are you diabetic? Do you have any history of fungal infection? Do you have excessive sweating? Do you have any history of atopy or allergies? Do you wear a tight bra? Is there chronic friction at the site of depigmentation?

Kindly reply.

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I have a fungal infection in the area outside my vagina. I have sweat at night, especially under my breast and my private areas, and I usually wear a tight bra as well.

Thanks.

#

I suggest you take the following medications,

a) Apply Luliconazole 1% cream twice daily in the morning and night for three weeks.

b) Apply Miconazole 1% in the evening for three weeks.

c) Ketoconazole soap for bathing for two months.

d) Apply Clotrimazole dusting powder (Candid powder) after bathing on areas of sweating or occlusive areas for one month.

e) Tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg at night after food for seven days(if there is itiching).

Avoid scratching and rubbing of lesions. Keep nails short. Avoid activities that cause sweating. Wear loose, comfortable thin cotton clothes or inners. Avoid occlusion or friction. Avoid moisture as moisture favors fungal growth. Keep a check on sugar levels. Keep sugar levels under control. Stay in well-ventilated cool room or environment. I suggest a follow-up after three weeks.

|