Q. I have a lump in breast. Is it something serious?

Dr. Dhalwade Sayali Ganpat

I am a 27-year-old female with a lump in the breast and already have ultrasound and mammogram done but the doctor has suggested for biopsy.

#

Do you have any written report?

Yes, I do have and I have attached it.

#

I have seen the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like a benign lesion, mostly fibroadenoma but better to have a biopsy report so that we can have a histopathological diagnosis.

Actually, I have a family history. Grandmom and aunt were diagnosed with breast cancer.

#

So, with such a positive family history, you should definitely go for a biopsy. Also, do BRCA1 and BRCA2 profile markers. Once we have the biopsy report, get back to me.

|