Q. What could be the reason for the two lumps seen on my left breast?

Dr. Monica Mathur

I was going through your site articles on breast cancer and read about the breast self-examination. I thought I would give it a try as I am 40 years old now. I examined myself in front of the mirror, and to my astonishment, I could find two small lumps on my left breast. Could they be breast cancer? I am afraid. I do not have pain or any visible symptoms. What should I do? Kindy help.

#

It is a very good gesture from your side to examine your breast as you have found two small lumps. I would suggest you get a mammography or an ultrasound of both of your breasts done, and please consult a general surgeon in that contest. These may be inflammatory lumps that will be due to specific injury or trauma, or they may indicate some impending danger, but that could only be diagnosed after the report comes.

|