Q. I have started working out at the gymnasium recently. Can you please suggest me some breathing exercises?

Dr. Arpit Varshney

I have started exercising at the gymnasium recently. I do not know how to exhale and inhale while doing workouts. Can you please suggest me on this?

#

I understand your concern, the process of inhalation and exhalation is a normal physiological process performed by our body at a subconscious level. When you are sleeping, you are not breathing voluntarily, it is your body which is performing inhalation and exhalation without your knowledge. Similarly, when you exercise it is your body's responsibility to perform inhalation and exhalation as per the strength of the body and the exercise you perform. So, I would advise you to not focus on inhalation and exhalation and focus just on your exercise. As you workout more, your body's capacity for breathing will increase over time and you will be able to workout at a greater potential. There is no specific strategy or exercise required for breathing while working out.

Hope this is helpful. Kindly reach out for further queries.

|