Brimonidine

What should I do to help my grandma's eye pain?

Query: Hello doctor, My 88-year-old grandmother is unable to get an appointment with her eye doctor because of this current pandemic. Over the past couple of weeks, she claims to be almost entirely blind. She has some degenerative eye disorder, but I am not sure what it is. She takes a lot of Lumigan drop...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Has she been operated on for a cataract? Because that can also be a reason for decreasing vision. Can you please share her earlier prescription and reports? Does she have IOP earlier?  Read Full »

Which is better for controlling eye pressure, Dorzolamide or Brimonidine?

Query: Hi doctor, Four eye drops are used in combination to control eye pressure in case of glaucoma. They are Dorzolamide, Timolol, Brimonidine and Xalatan. In what sequence with how much gap should they be given to control eye pressure? Also for controlling afternoon pressure, either Dorzolamide or Brimo...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is necessary to use more than one drop when intraocular pressure is not controlled by a single drug. Every drug you mentioned has a different mechanism of action. It is good till IOP is controlled with medical management. Each drug is having different mechanism and ...  Read Full »

Other than Elocon, which ointment apply for rosacea?

Query: Hi doctor, I have steroid induced rosacea. In my childhood I was prescribed Elocon and ever since I have been using the same for my entire skin problem. Hence, if I did not use then my skin starts reacting with itchiness, redness and flushing. I am having this problem for than 10 years. Also, I am ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Many people with long-term steroids application have no effect on the redness. However, you stop the ointment immediately. Otherwise, your skin will get them even more and in the future nothing can be done. For the clinical diagnosis of rosacea I would like to get three ...  Read Full »

What does glaucoma suspected patient mean?

Query: Hi doctor, I had eye checkup nine months back as I had light pain in right eye. The doctor advised me to get OCT and CCT. With the test reports he said that I have glaucoma. He advised me to take an eye drop named Lumigan one drop daily at night in both eyes. I am not satisfied with his opinion and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all please relax. There is nothing to worry. All the doctors are correct. Now let me explain you. Glaucoma is a very slowly progressive disease. You are glaucoma suspect means you are at risk of glaucoma or have many predisposing factors for glaucoma, but ther...  Read Full »

Why have my blemishes not improved even after extended use of Roaccutane?

Query: Hello doctor, I am in my seventh month of taking Roaccutane. My weight is 57 kg and I am taking 40 mg daily. I am still getting acne and blemishes. I have one large blemish that is getting small in some days. I find it getting bigger once I wake up in the morning. I always tell my doctor about this ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your clinical picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is looking like acne cyst for me. The probable diagnosis is acne grade 4 with scars Is the blemish raised and painful? Can you feel that with your finger or is it just flat red blemish...  Read Full »

Can high eye pressure damage the optic nerve?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 65 years old. I developed partial retinal detachment in the right eye. An urgent surgery was done and a silicone oil has been filled. This happened around two months back. The vision field is restored and the retina is reported to be well attached. But, about two weeks back the pres...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have described above that your both eyes got operated for cataract and multifocal intraocular lenses implanted and now you had retinal attachment surgery (most probably pars plana vitrectomy PPV plus silicone oil) about two months back, which is now causing increas...  Read Full »