Q. Why do I have low LH and fishy smelling vagina?

Answered by
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 09, 2018

Hello doctor,

I was just diagnosed with PCOS. I am 38 and have always had irregular periods. I have two sons and I have brown light spotting all month every month. I have no pain. My LH was 5.8 and FSH was 8 eight months back. Four months back, LH was 12.9 and FSH was 9.4. I do not have extra hair growth or any pimples. So I am looking for a second opinion. I do know that my pap smear a few months ago was good. He wants to give me BC but I do not want it because I am worried that it will cause blood clots. Also, another thing is when I eat fish, my vagina smells fishy. I do not know why.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

Please get yourself checked by a gynecologist and get a pelvic scan done to rule out the exact cause of brownish discharge. The fishy smell of vagina is mainly because of some vaginal infection. Avoid having sex till then. Wear cotton panties and loose lowers. Maintain personal hygiene and take plenty of fluids. Wash your private parts with normal tap water every time you use the washroom. Avoid using vaginal douches and creams. Do get back to me with reports so that I can guide you further. Take care.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Why do I have brown discharge before getting periods?

.. are getting brown discharge regularly before getting periods, it is harmless. This is a normal phenomenon, which occurs due to hormonal changes. Similar hormone changes may occur during early pregnancy, and one may get such brown discharge, but th...   Read full

May I know the treatment for vaginal infection?

.. yourself checked by a gynecologist internally. Also, get a vaginal swab test done. I suggest you apply the Candid B cream (Clotrimazole and Beclomethasone dipropionate) locally till then. Please consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and ta...   Read full

I am having brown discharge after sex. Why?

.. called post-coital bleeding especially occurring in form of darkish brown mucoid secretion mixed discharge or often in form of spotting and usually accompanied with pain. The most common cause of such complaints is usually cervical erosions or cer...   Read full


This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Will high LH impact ovulation and healthy pregnancy in a PCOS patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32. I have PCOS for past seven years. Now planning to conceive with Gonadotropin injection and timed intercourse. But my day two blood work shows FSH 4.7, LH 11.2 and prolactin 9. Due to high LH will I get ovulation and if so, how will be the chances of having a healthy pregnancy?...  Read Full »

Can I use Terbinaforce plus cream for a vaginal infection?

Query: Hello doctor,Can Terbinaforce plus cream be used for a vaginal infection? I have itching after periods. Please guide.  Read Full »

Is cervical mucus an important criteria for fertility?

Query: Hi doctor, I am trying to conceive. I have very less cervical mucus. Am I infertile? Please help.  Read Full »

Also Read

I am suffering from dry and scaly scalp. Is that scalp psoriasis?
Hello doctor, I am suffering from dry, scaly patches on the scalp for the last six to eight months. Since childhood, I h...  Read more»
Birth Control Methods - Facts, and Types
Devices or treatments done to prevent unwanted pregnancy are called birth control methods.In this article, I am going to...  Read more»
Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.