Q. Why do I have low LH and fishy smelling vagina?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

I was just diagnosed with PCOS. I am 38 and have always had irregular periods. I have two sons and I have brown light spotting all month every month. I have no pain. My LH was 5.8 and FSH was 8 eight months back. Four months back, LH was 12.9 and FSH was 9.4. I do not have extra hair growth or any pimples. So I am looking for a second opinion. I do know that my pap smear a few months ago was good. He wants to give me BC but I do not want it because I am worried that it will cause blood clots. Also, another thing is when I eat fish, my vagina smells fishy. I do not know why.

#

Please get yourself checked by a gynecologist and get a pelvic scan done to rule out the exact cause of brownish discharge. The fishy smell of vagina is mainly because of some vaginal infection. Avoid having sex till then. Wear cotton panties and loose lowers. Maintain personal hygiene and take plenty of fluids. Wash your private parts with normal tap water every time you use the washroom. Avoid using vaginal douches and creams. Do get back to me with reports so that I can guide you further. Take care.

|