Q. I have brown spots on nose for two weeks. Please help.

Dr. Shanza Ikram
Published on Jun 13, 2018

I have brown spots on my nose for two weeks. It keeps on appearing more and more. I have tried to apply drops of lemon juice but it does not disappear. I have been experiencing painful upper middle back pain.

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Dermatology
#

I have gone through your case. Please do not try any more home remedies as we do not know these can react with skin and in such condition, the skin will be initially red and later heal by more hyperpigmentation. So please avoid these. Just apply sunblock like Neutrogena with SPF 30 or 45. Use it 20 minutes before going into the sun and repeat after every 2 to 3 hours as it gets wasted and washed. Use sun protection like hats. Apply 2 % Hydroquinone only at the dark spot at night only for two hours. Do not take too much or you will have burning or if touch surrounding skin it will be also hypopigmentation. So use it if you are careful. Three weeks treatment.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I have pimples, red, and brown spots on the face. Are they due to hormonal changes?

Query: Hello doctor,I have pimples, red, and brown spots on the face. Moderate acne. Mainly on chin, cheeks, sides of the nose and between eyebrows. Is it hormonal acne? How do I fix it? Large pores on the face but dehydrated, sensitive skin. Red pimples with white pus. Varies from large to small sizes. Le...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query. With your description, it seems you have developed grade 2 to 3 acne. See acne concentrated over chin indicate hormonal acne. If you can share a few pictures, it will be helpful in exact grading of acne, which further leads to proper treatment. Y...  Read Full

I am seven weeks pregnant through IVF. Is it normal to have brown spotting?

Query: Hi doctor, I am currently 7 weeks 2 days pregnant and I conceived through IVF. Two days back I started having brown spotting and I went for an ultrasound and they could see baby and heartbeat both. Now, when I go to the washroom, sometimes I see brown spots on the tissue. My doctor stopped Ecospiri...  Read Full >>

Dr. Prerna Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can totally understand your concerns, But the good points are that the ultrasound has established a pregnancy and secondly, there are no worrying features. Your obstetrician was correct in stopping Ecosprin and starting intramuscular Progesterone. It looks like old bo...  Read Full

I need your suggestions on which sunscreen to use.

Query: Hi doctor, I am in a little trouble. Summer has started where I live, and I am addicted to playing cricket, whatever the weather or climate be. From last two weeks, I have noticed that my face color has become darker due to the sun. So, I am a little confused about which sunblock cream to use. I ne...  Read Full >>

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sun protection factor or SPF blocks damaging UV rays, which are responsible for skin aging, darkening, sunburn, and malignancy. I would advise you to use sunscreens that are a multi-spectrum or broad spectrum, which blocks both UV-A and UV-B rays. Select Sunscreen acc...  Read Full