Bruising Of Eyelids

Can an improper usage of contact lens cause infection of the cornea?

Query: Hi doctor, I have struggled with my right eye, where I have had a red eyelid around the eye, and my eyeball would be bloodshot. I did scratch my eye two years ago, and that was the cause and got infected. I have gone to the doctors and told me to stop wearing contacts and put me on antibiotic drops...  Read Full »

Dr. Aseela Banu

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. While using contact lenses, please maintain hygiene. You should be very cautious because if the infection comes and the cornea is involved, it will take months to heal. So as of now, please avoid contact lens till infection resolves. Better use glasses as of now. ...  Read Full »

Will ptosis cause angel's kiss in the eyelid?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 4 months old, and one eye is slightly more open than the other (ever since he was born). I feel like the eyelid of the eye that does not open as wide might be swollen and there is also an angel's kiss on that eyelid. It also has an extra crease on the outside of the eyelid. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the photos. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From the photos, I can see a few variations from the normal anatomy in both upper lids. There is an extra fold of skin over the upper lid of the right eye, this is called epiblepharon in medi...  Read Full »

Can vomiting cause eye pain and bruising?

Query: Hello doctor, My friend started vomiting last night and I noticed that his eyelids were red and bruised. Is there something else besides the vomiting that could have caused the bruised eyelids?  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the history provided, it seems that your friend is having red and bruised eyes following vomiting. This is probably because of rupture of very small blood vessels in the eyelids during vomiting. This will not require any treatment and it will subside in one o...  Read Full »

How to treat bruising under the eye caused by trauma?

Query: Hello doctor, I got hit on my cheek by a rock while doing some work. The area under my eye swole up and caused me to have a black eye. Now a whole one year two months later, I still feel the bruising of under eye similar to the look of a black eye. Is there a certain term for this?  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The certain term for this is the black eye that you have told yourself. This is a particular term (black eye) used for trauma to eye area resulting in blood collection around it. Another term used for it is raccoon eyes or panda eyes as it forms a complete ring aroun...  Read Full »

Why have my eyelids become more hooded?

Query: Hello doctor,My eyelids have become more hooded.  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There can be a number of causes which could give rise to an appearance of a hooded eyelid. The most common of which are: 1. Eyelid bags (for which you may be using lid taping), although a reaction to the tape is possible, it is a rare occurrence. 2. Dermatochalasis whi...  Read Full »