Q. My friend gets chest pain after using Symbicort inhaler and Flutiform inhaler. Kindly advise.

Dr. Nasir

hello I have a friend who is smoking since the 5th grade, she stopped smoking 4 months ago she was diagnosed with COPD. she gave her an inhaler Symbicort but when she takes it she has chest pain they change it for her flutiform she had also severe chest pain. she is 23 years old 43 kg

#

Good day to you ma'am

I have gone through your problem and its seems that your friend might be having some of the side effects of one of the medicines in the the inhaler.the inhaler that she is using contains two medicines. one of them is a beta 2 adrenergic receptor agonists and other is Corticosteroid. the B2Ar agnostic can sometimes have mild muscular pain it can also sometimes cause palpitations.

if the side effect that your friend is facing a very severe then you can change the inhaler to only contain Corticosteroid. Budecort inhaler can be tried by your friend. do let me know if she has similar complaints with this inhaler. do let me know if I can help you any further

not required

budecort inhaler to be tried

|