Q. I want to lose weight and gain muscle simultaneously. What do I do?

Dr. Atul Prakash

I am trying to lose weight but gain muscle at the same time. I am 213 lbs and 5’11’’. I assume that I have more than the average body fat. I wonder if I should slim down first doing HIIT (high-intensity interval training) and weight training? But I do not want to be the size I am now, but I want to slim down with muscle gain. I want to lose fat and gain muscle I do not know if I should get to 190 lbs or something before working on muscle gain or if I can just keep weight training and have a high protein level with every meal and slim down and gain muscle at the same time. I am just perplexed and need help. I hope this gives you an idea of what I am asking.

#

You cannot lose weight and gain muscle weight by just dieting. You need to do these together as muscle building will help you lose weight faster as muscle requires more energy. Also, it is the recommended way to lose weight. If you are looking for a skinny cut muscled body, it is something that needs less than seven to ten percent body fat and needs lots of dietary modifications. If you are looking for a lean and muscled body, then you cannot exclude both aerobic and weight training right from the beginning.

|